Position opening for a Assistant City Clerk/Treasurer
Assistant City Clerk/Treasurer
Position Summary City of Scranton
The Assistant City Clerk/Treasurer works under the express Direction of the City Clerk. Performs responsible account keeping and clerical work that may involve the application of bookkeeping principles and practices in the maintenance of financial and accounting records; and assists the City Clerk.
- Tracks account information including billing and payments for all utility accounts
- Prepares the Hand Held for Public Works to read electric and water meters on a monthly basis
- Balances cashdrawer, prepares daily reports, and update utility accounts
- Answers and directs all incoming phone calls
- Issues permits for peddlers, and vendors
- Collects payments for all other permits, fees and fines issued by the City
- Enter Move Outs and Move Ins and collects the deposit
- Works closely with Public Works department regarding utility problems, emergencies and customer request for service
- Picks up mail and delivers outgoing mail to the post office
- Research and review all invoices received and verify payment is accurate; and do accounts payables
- Reconcile bank statements each month foar all City funds
- Deliver deposits bags to the bank, pick up deposit bags from the bank
- Performs other duties deemed as necessary or assigned by the City CLerk
High school diploma or GED required
Must have good written and oral communication skills with all City personnel and must be able to develop a good working rapport witht he general public.
The ability for good problem solving is an extremely important aspect of this position.
Some experience in acccount-keeping and related clerical work involving customer relations and receptionist work preferred.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or city email@example.com
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.